I shop for Christmas year round. Call me crazy, but this method saves a TON of last minute hustle when hustling is the very last thing on my wish list. Hunting sales, picking up stocking stuffers from the dollar spot at Target, quietly keeping track of family’s mentions of items they’d love to receive, noting charities and organizations that capture your heart… all these things add up to saved time and money come December!
We hang stockings at our house, and ‘Santa’ fills them on Christmas Eve. They’re not overflowing, just full enough with little items I know my kids will like. The small gifts I like to include are:
- board books (love picking these up in the dollar section)
- bath toys
- a treat (one. one treat. Last year I gave my older son an Olaf Pez dispenser and it was a huge hit!)
- fun socks (again with the dollar section)
- lip balm (my son loves it!)
Other places to shop year round are:
- DaySpring: beautiful, faith-based products. You know I love my DaySpring.
- Zulily: discount site with offers and products changing daily. I’ve gotten some MAJOR deals through Zulily on brands like Keen, Tom’s, Disney, PBS Kids, Fisher Price, and more. Sometimes their shipping is sloooow, but often during November/December they carry lots of ready to ship items.
- Barnes & Noble: books are always well received (at least around here!) I’ve noticed too that B&N often has specials on tote bags, board or kids books, and toys/games during the year.
I love having a stash socked away, ready to go for Christmas. When I was expecting Sam mid-December almost four years ago, I even wrapped my gifts as I bought them! The odds of that happening now are nil, but I’m doing pretty good on the shopping end!
What are your favorite stock-up stores? Do share!
This post is part of my 31 Days to a Less-Stress Holiday Season series. Make sure to subscribe via email and follow this Pinterest board (it will have each post + graphic as they go live) so you don’t miss a single post!
Encouragement in your inbox
Just add your email below to get spam-free encouragement in your inbox. I write with simply honesty on the lovely & difficult parts of mothering, family, and faith as if you and I were chatting in our backyards, over a picket fence. I write about my kids, faith, encouragement for women, bring a work-at-home mom, products I adore, and recipes. Join me at the fence?